FugenStar professional tools for smoothing, 4-part tool set, with multi-lingual instructions for use in a practical storage box.
Content: FS-Standard (5, 8, 10, Rk) | FS-Maxi (12, 14, 17, Rg) | FS-Mini (5, 10, Rs) | FS-SuperMini (4, 8, R, Ex):
Application range for the FugenStar professional tools for smoothing or so called silicone applicators:
- Due to possible component movements, the minimum joint size 10 should not be undershot for normal connection / expansion joints in the floor / wall or floor / ceiling area. When connecting overhead objects to the wall, such as free-hanging sinks, washbasins, bidet or WC, the joint size 8 can also be used. Due to stress due to use, however, the sealants in the component joints must always be able to absorb some movement stresses. Therefore, when connecting and grouting the bathtub, shower, whirlpool, etc. with elastic sealants, a sufficiently large joint cross-section should be used.
- Especially with old buildings or after renovations, you are confronted by the situation, even with larger joints cross-sections. Therefore, you often have to dodge 12, 14 or even 17 mm joint sizes.
- The small joint size 4 or 5 can be used only with decorative joints without load, such as in the hobby area.
- If there are any impurities or if air bubbles occur when the elastic sealant material is pressed in, the fresh sealant can be removed at points using the tool tip (Ex). Subsequently, at these points, new sealant can be pressed in and simply be reworked without any transitions.
- When making expansion joints, the outer radius Rk or Rg could eventually be used to lower the sealant even deeper into the joint. This prevents the permanently elastic joint from being quickly damaged during cleaning and wiping.
- With the rounded tool tip of the MINI tool, joints such as loft conversions are formed in sloping walls. Otherwise, the MINI and SuperMini tool models are often used in confined spaces such as behind the faucet or the faucet, but also in glass construction, model making and industrial construction.
- The SuperMini tool is often used by carpenters or woodworkers in the area of window, door and glass construction. Hereby, joints in the connection area of glass / plastic, glass / wood or glass / aluminum can be reworked very well in windows or doors.
- With the two inner radii on the tool models Standard and Maxi, optically very nice outside corners can be formed if required.
In fact, you should really pay close attention to the instructions of the sealant manufacturer already in the run-up to upcoming jointing and sealing work. Equally important are the relevant rules for the correct execution of the planned work, which can be found in the DIN / EN standards of the respective trades and / or in specialized publications of relevant trade associations and institutes. Because of different shrinkage behavior of the offered sealants, loads and possible component movements, the joint sizes should not be underestimated.
Therefore, please note only as a rough rule of thumb:
Both side surfaces of the joint edges should be covered with at least 3 mm of sealant each after grouting!