FugenBoss professional tools for smoothing, as a 4-piece tool set, with multi-lingual instructions for use in a practical storage box
Content: FB-Standard (0, 8, 10, R4) | FB-Maxi (6, 12, 15, R5) | FB-Mini ( 6, 8, R6) | FB-Special (10, 14, 17, 21, 28), on model FB-Special for all angles joint width 9 mm
Application range for the FugenBoss professional tools for smoothing or so called silicone applicators:
- In the case of normal connection / expansion joints, the smallest joint size should be 10 mm in the area of the floor / wall, floor / ceiling. Also, the joint size shouldn’t be fallen short of when connecting the floor / wall and objects such as washbasins, bidet, WC, bath, shower, whirlpool etc.
- In the hobby area, smaller joint sizes such as 6 or 8 mm are often used for ornamental joints without load.
- For larger joint cross-sections, such as in old buildings or after maintenance or renovation work, type Maxi with 12 or 15 mm must be used more often.
- With the tool tip (O) at the Standard, the fresh sealant, such as impurities, air bubbles or other occasions, can be removed at certain points. Immediately afterwards, new sealant can be injected again – and then reworked cleanly and seamlessly.
- When producing visible space dividing or expansion joints, the outside radius R4 or R5 can be used at the end to sink the fresh sealant even deeper into the joint, so that the permanently elastic joint won’t be damaged quickly during cleaning and wiping.
- The rounded tool tip of model Mini forms clean joints, such as for roof extensions or roof pitches. Otherwise, Mini is often used in confined spaces as well as in model and industrial construction.
- The type Spezial is used in window and glass construction and for special angular dimensions of joints such as special pipe linings.
- With the two inner radii on the Standard tool you could also reshape visually very nice outside corners.
In principle, you should pay close attention to the instructions of the sealant manufacturer in advance of the upcoming joint and sealing work. Equally important are the relevant rules for the correct execution of the planned work, which can be found in the DIN / EN standards of the respective trades and / or in specialized publications of relevant trade associations and institutes. Because of different shrinkage behavior of the offered sealants, loads and possible component movements, the joint sizes should not be underestimated.
Therefore, please note only as a very rough rule of thumb:
Both side surfaces of the joint edges should be covered after grouting with at least approx. 3 mm of sealant each!